Winter can be an expensive time of the year especially if you are also planning a winter wedding. We have some DIY wedding ideas that you can create and do yourself which can help with your budget.
Decorations and Centrepieces
- Collect natural branches to decorate – use metallic spray paints, glitter and fake snow to create the desired affect. Simply place in a clear glass vase for a stunning and unique centre piece.
- Giant wine or martini glasses could also be used, make a snow scene with pine cones, mini Christmas trees and leaves.
- Fake flowers and leaves are a great way to add a bit of colour to your venue and tables.
- Scatter sequins across tables to add some sparkle.
- Jam jars or mason jars filled with fairy lights can look extremely effective.
- Ivy can be collected and paired with white roses for a simple but stunning look, use artificial roses as a lower cost option. Why not try making your own wreaths from foliage, sticks and fruits that can all be sourced from your own garden.
DIY Winter Wedding Favours
Making your own favours for your guests is a lovely personal touch and linking them in with your winter theme can be really simple. Have a go at making miniature wreaths from a sprig of rosemary and use them as individually place name cards.
Some brilliant affordable favour ideas are;
- Baileys hot chocolate – attach a mini bottle of baileys to a mug or glass containing a hot chocolate mix with mini marshmallows.
- Wool Pom Poms – use white wool to make heart shaped fluffy poms or why not make miniature bouquets that your guests can keep.
- Snow globe – make your own globe from an old jar, add a tree with some water and glitter for a really effective little gift.
- Glitter Lollipops – simple recipes for lollies can be used, add a bit of edible glitter for a sparkly treat.
- Handmade Mulling Spice Sachets for wine or cider.
A brilliant recipe to help you with mulling sachets can be found at Martha Stewart.
A great recipe for glitter lollipops can be found here at Fork and Good.
Winter Wedding Checklist
These simple items on your list will create the perfect winter wedding;
- Artificial Snow
- Mulled Wine
- Pine Cones
We hope you like our ideas.
The Abbas Team